“The most important of the Lord’s work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes”
-President Harold B. Lee-

Monday, October 31, 2011

Teacher Planning Day

I need a day off. I went crazy this morning. I was at the table saying a prayer asking Heavenly Father for patience when Elijah knocked on Quianna's door to tell her it was school time. Then Quianna yells, "KimKim.... KimKim" then Elijah came in the kitchen noticed I was praying, said "Shh!" But Quianna was in her room so she didn't hear, so then "KimKim!" continued. I heard Quianna coming out of her room and she said, "KimKim! I was yelling for you!" I had had it! My patience was gone! If I ever had some this morning. I said, "I was praying! I was asking Heavenly Father for patience - which is completely lost now! ... I can't do home school! I don't know why I even thought I could."

I just stared off with my head in my hand thinking, "What do I do?" I came to the conclusion after a while that if I can use this day to help me get my head above water, the rest of the year might be better. So today my mission is to figure out curriculum for the the rest of the week, I am going to get our portfolio's in order, I have ordered some math books off Amazon which will come on Wednesday, I am going to make some phone calls for All-City, and I am going to clean the kitchen really good. It's a busy day - but I can do it! I HAVE to do it or else the day is going to waste.

The kids job is to clean their rooms really good and to rake the pine needles. Other than that - they get a day off. I figure, public school teachers get a day off to plan and get their stuff done, why can't I?

This whole year I have been trying to play catch up in math for the kids. Finally I will have some books to help me so I am not making it up as I go. I wish I had ordered them earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment