“The most important of the Lord’s work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes”
-President Harold B. Lee-

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

An update from the McCann Household

Home school is going well. We are still working on trying to figure out a routine. Monday we started early. We ate breakfast at 7:45 and started school at 8:15. Yesterday we started at 8:30. Today I think we'll start at 8:45. I am just so tired. It is hard for me to have a social life with Brian at night and get ready for home school in the morning. I am a person that loves and values my sleep. I can't pop out of bed and be ready. I have never really been like that - especially since I got married. I don't know why, but I started needing more sleep.

Anyway, the kids are working well and starting to understand the fact that I won't hold their hand every step of the way. and most importantly I am trying to teach them that I am not going to do their work for them - which I don't think they will ever understand.

Good habits are starting though. The kids have now read their scriptures every weekday morning for 15 minutes before school. The kids are learning how to do a short devotional. Each morning after the pledge of allegiance and prayer someone shares a scripture that they like. Elijah's has been mostly articles of faith, because its easy to find, but he's still young.

I have been trying to think about how long we will be doing home school because I like hanging out with the kids all day, but I think however when I start having kids - whenever that may be - I will put them back in regular school. I really miss the days when I could stay in my pjs and send Elijah off to school. We'll see how it goes.

For now, I am really liking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment