“The most important of the Lord’s work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes”
-President Harold B. Lee-

Thursday, September 15, 2011

One hundred percent

We read Horton Hatches the Egg for yesterday's read aloud time. As Mayzie left Horton to hatch her egg in order for her to go have some fun, I started thinking about my life. I am here taking care of Elijah - I might not have laid him when he was an egg, but I am sure hatching him! Horton took care of that egg through snow, thunder, lightning, wind, rain, sunshine, even being hunted! All because he is faithful one hundred percent. I had thought about the rain and thunder that I have had to withstand and the lightning that may come in future years; I thought about the sunshine that I am enjoying (with patches of rain clouds) while I am homeschooling. But you know what? No matter how many qualities or obstacles come from the person who laid the egg, when the egg hatches the end result looks a little like Horton.


I like to think that Dr. Seuss wrote this book for the step-parents out there struggling, thinking they won’t make a difference because sometimes it feels like it is all biological; but I know that Elijah will develop some good things from me – It just depends on how faithful I am… I said what I said and I meant what I meat, a Kimberly’s faithful one hundred percent.

No comments:

Post a Comment