“The most important of the Lord’s work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes”
-President Harold B. Lee-

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School

Well, today was the first day of homeschool and it was a success! When we were having our silent reading time I was thinking, "I have spent the whole day with my kids, and I feel good." Yes, Elijah and I had our moments, but we had fund today.

The kids did spelling and math, then we had Mom's Minute we talked about goals. We watched the first minute and a half of this movie



Then we imagined ourselves of how we want to be in a year. We wrote down our goals, what we want to improve in.
After that, we went over grammar: What makes a sentence? Subjects and predicates.
After lunch we had P.E; we played catch with the football and ran around the yard.

We had some free time, then did our chores in the kitchen and living room. We did our reading and at 3:00 we had snack to end our school.

*later note: sorry it was so short and broken up... I was writing this in a hurry while I was watching West Wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment