“The most important of the Lord’s work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes”
-President Harold B. Lee-

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year!

This the Chinese dragon cake that I made. I was going to make it look fierce, but since I couldn't get a red color for the frosting, I decided to make it look fun and festive!

We had Joe and Chris (newly baptized members of our church) and Chris's girlfriend and her son, along with the missionaries over for a Chinese dinner and Family Home Evening. Brian gave a great lesson about holding onto the scriptures to help us guide our lives. Then we did some activities as groups - the group with most points at the end got to the cake first :-)

Quianna, Joe, Elder Petersen (back), Elder John, and Elijah.
Warren, Chris, Amy, and Brian. Brian was a helper from the other team.

This the beginning of the cake. I think it would make a cool snake cake. I love the slits that look like eyes.

2 comments: