“The most important of the Lord’s work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes”
-President Harold B. Lee-

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Elijah's Birthday

Happy Birthday Elijah!




I am finally out of school for the summer and can now do an update of the last two weeks.
Elijah had a friend birthday party on Saturday and then Grandma and Papa McCann and Aunt Kylee and Uncle Jay came up on Sunday for his actual birthday.
One of his big presents was a bike from Grandma and Grandpa. I fortunately caught this wonderful smile when he finally found it in the garage.



We forgot to tell him that there were hand breaks and how they work before he went down the driveway and towards the fence. Just as were clenching our teeth and gasping our breath we hear a loud screech and he turned and missed the fence. I love his relieved face in the above picture.

Quianna and Brian got their bikes out for a little bit and rode around the blocks a couple of times.



Eljiah asked for a carrot cake for his birthday. I didn't want to mess with trying to decorate with soft cream cheese frosting, or of how I should decorate it so I decided to create a bike with candy. It was really good and the kids had fun munching on the bike after eating their cake.

During the festivities we had games set up outside. We all played croquet while Quianna and Barb played with a splash ball and "rackets" that Jay and Kylee got Elijah.



Brian and Jason got into it with this kind of tether ball game that we have. It was pretty fun to take pictures of it all. It lasted for hours!






I love this picture of Brian's face.

Happy Birthday Elijah! I hope it was a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment