“The most important of the Lord’s work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes”
-President Harold B. Lee-

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sundays

I have been subbing in primary off an on (more on than off) for the past few months, from being the chorister, to subbing the 4 year olds and then in the SR primary. It has been a lot of fun! I have loved teaching the older kids because then I get to tell them the story from the old testament. The kids have been jealous because I have mostly subbed for the class between Elijah's and Quianna's classes. So, when Quianna found out that her teacher was going to be missing today she jumped at the chance to tell her teacher to ask me to sub. It was lots of fun to teach 10-12 year olds. When I was telling the story about when Moses killed the Egyptian that beat the Israelite, one of the girls eyes got big and she was so astonished!
I left Primary and found Brian to wait to go to the car and while we were talking, the new teacher of the 4 year olds came up to us and said, "hey, you guys like Primary, right?" Brian immediately pointed to me and said, "She's the one doing Primary, I've never done it before" and i said afterward, "Yes, but if you're asking me to sub your class I am going to need you Brian." You see, the 4 year old kids are really tough and you really need a team teacher in that class. One to be a firm hand and the other to give the lesson. So, once again I will not be attending the adult Sunday school and relief society, but this time..... I roped Brian into it too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment